Points in time ...
Construction of Windeck castle
Oldest certain naming of a place called Bühl: Squire Burkhard of Crutenbach gave his possessions to the abbot "in Banno Buhel" and the convent in Schwarzach
Bühl and the surrounding villages are severely affected by a feud between Reinhard of Windeck and the City of Strasbourg
King Ruprecht of the Palatinate gives Reinhard of Windeck, a knight, the right to hold a market
Construction of the old Bühl parish church of St. Peter and Paul (town hall since 1880)
Oldest written evidence of the settlement of Jews in Bühl
Old Windeck Castle has already fallen into ruins. Since then, at the latest, the Lords of Windeck live in their courtyard in Bühl, where today the “Badischer Hof“ guesthouse can be found
With the death of Jacob Junker Windeck the male line of the Knights of Windeck dies out
In the Thirty Years' War, Croatian troops fall on Bühl and reduce the market town to ash and rubble
1632-34 and 1643
Swedish troops occupy Bühl
In the Palatine War of Succession, Bühl is once again almost completely destroyed
During the War of the Spanish Succession, the area around Bühl again becomes a theater of war. Under the command of Louis William, Margrave of Baden-Baden, the so-called "Turks Louis", it was possible to defend the "Bühl-Stollhofener Line"
The administration of the Steinbach Department (formerly Yberg) is moved to Steinbach Bühl
Construction of the synagogue, the so-called "new Jewish school”
Grand Duke Leopold of Baden gives the market town of Bühl its town charter
In Kappel Windeck an unusually early-maturing and hardy variety of plum is discovered, which gains in importance especially after the severe winter of 1879/80 as the "Bühl early plum"
Bühl is connected to the newly opened railway line between Oos and Offenburg
Revolutionary intrigues: Obervogt Josef Häfelin flees the unrest in Baden-Baden. There are riots against Jewish residents
The first separate Protestant church is set up in a former brewery between Krempengasse and Büllot. The building is demolished in 1969
Construction of the new Catholic parish church of St. Peter and Paul
Conversion of the old Parish Church to Town Hall
Construction of the central water supply
Establishment of the Fruit Marketing Cooperative (OAG)
Introduction of electric light
Construction of drainage
6.-8. August, Buhl celebrates its first plum festival
The first Bühl cinema opens for business
As part of National Socialist legislation, Bühl City Council is tightly controlled
Incorporation of Kappelwindeck
10 November, the Bühl synagogue is destroyed in the Kristallnacht pogrom. There are riots against Jewish citizens
22 October, 26 Jewish citizens from Bühl are deported to Camp Gurs in the French Pyrenees. Few of them survive the Nazi terror
14 April, arrival of French troops in Bühl
15 September, first free local elections since 1933
Incorporation of Neusatz and Oberweier
Incorporation of Balzhofen, Eisental and Oberbruch
Incorporation of Altschweier, Moos, Vimbuch and Weitenung.
Buhl becomes a "County Town"